Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Winter wonderland today

We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning.  Not a lot of snow but a blanket of white and it is still snowing.  The kids are out of school so I turned the alarm off and just let everyone sleep.  I let the dogs outside for a little while, but other than that it is a very quiet morning for me.  There is no traffic on the road down below my house - so not even a distant car sound!  It is still snowing and the wind is blowing pretty hard still.  It must have been blowing the snow around really well because I have snow all over my porch and all the way up to my front door. Even though I am ready for spring and some warm weather, I still love the way it looks outside with snow covering everything and I know my granddaughters will be wanting to go out and ride their sleds.  This is a very wet snow, definitely snowman and snowball type of snow, so I hope everyone who has to be out and about will be very careful because it would be very easy to slip and fall.  I would post a pic on here but Amiti still has my camera.

Marc is still asleep for now so I have a quiet house to myself for a bit before he gets up and starts work and I think I will sit back with my cup of coffee and a warm blanket and watch it snow for a little bit!  I pray that everyone can take a moment just to enjoy their surroundings and the wonder God surrounds us with no matter where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment