Sunday, April 6, 2014

Baby Whale from Designs on Cloud 9

This is the start of the design on my future great grandson's wall.  My granddaughter wants whales and it is so hard to find anything with whales on it.  I found this cute whale design on DesignsonCloud9.com.  I sized it to 18 inches long for the big one and a little over 11 inches tall and I don't remember what the small one is sized at, and cut it with my Cricut and SCAL. I ordered vinyl from Vinyl Expressions and that is what these are cut from.  It was very hard for me to get the two layers together and ended up cutting the bottom layer to fit under the top instead of going all the way to the top and that is what you can see across the middle and not so much the vinyl being buckled or wrinkled but there are a few bubbles in it that I didn't get out but overall it doesn't look too bad (at least from far away).  I am going to try to cut waves to go on the bottom and maybe a sun and a few clouds for the sky.  IF I get that done I will post future pictures of the final scene. This is the first time I have used vinyl so I don't guess it is too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment